The Storybox Project : At Home is a groundbreaking activities programme which uses imagination and creativity as a starting point. Building upon 12 years of practical experience, and work in hundreds of settings, it enables those supporting people living with dements to engage in creative, imaginative activities within group settings such as carehomes, day centres, dementia cafes…etc… It empowers subscribers to develop their own person centred activities, based upon a foundation of empathy, togetherness, and fun, focusing upon the value of participation in the moment and upon having fun.
Each Storybox activity serves as a starting point to:
- Create shared experiences.
- Encourage an affirmed sense of self.
- Improve physical health.
- Improve self esteem and confidence.
Subscribers have access to training, resources and support to explore a range of activities which are creative, accessible and fun. We provide:
- Access to an exclusive project website where there are hundreds of themed workshop plans and activities for groups AND individuals
- 4 X new workshop plans per week and over 30 new activities, alongside all supporting materials
- The opportunity to search the workshop and activity archive to access hundreds of additional resources
- The opportunity to access ongoing phone or email advice, and quarterly mentoring for staff delivering the programme
- A monthly email newsletter full of news, tips and ideas related to The Storybox Project AT HOME
- Supporting paperwork and journals to ensure that the activities and workshops are recorded in a way that meets regulator requirements
- A range of training opportunities to enable members of their team to become The Storybox Project AT HOME facilitators.