The Storybox Project AT HOME is a dementia friendly creative project supporting people to live well, with creativity as part of everyday life. It is based upon a foundation of empathy, imagination, empowerment and togetherness as a starting point to engage, enliven and empower people living with dementia alongside the people that support them. It has been developed over the last decade through work with thousands of people living with dementia – you can find out more about it’s history here.
Using imagination as a starting point, it enables anybody supporting an individual / or group of people living with dementia to make creative, person centred activities part of everyday life. It focuses upon the value of participation in the moment and the engagement and the power of fun and laughter.
If you work with groups of older people living with dementia then The Storybox Project : At Home could be for you. This may be as an a volunteer with a dementia group, a dementia friend, a dementia worker, activity co-ordinator…
Each Storybox activity serves as a starting point to:
- Create shared experiences.
- Encourage an affirmed sense of self.
- Improve physical health.
- Improve self esteem and confidence.
Subscribers have access to training, resources and support to explore a range of activities which are creative, accessible and fun. We provide:
- Access to an exclusive project website where there are hundreds of themed workshop plans and activities for groups.
- A range of new activity ideas each week supported by the resources that you will need to deliver them presented as easy step by step “how to” guides.
- The opportunity to search the workshop and activity archive to access hundreds of additional resources.
- A monthly email newsletter full of news, tips and ideas related to The Storybox Project AT HOME.
- The opportunity to join an online community to connect with other users of The Storybox Project AT HOME.
Thanks to funding from The National Lottery Community Fund we are currently able to offer free access to our resources for a limited number of groups and families.
Still got a question about the programme? We would be happy to answer it for you.