The Storybox Project : At Home is a groundbreaking activities programme which uses imagination and creativity as a starting point. Building upon 12 years of practical experience, and work in hundreds of care settings, it supports Careworkers and Activity Co-ordinators to deliver top quality, person centred activities, based upon a foundation of empathy, togetherness, and fun. It focuses upon the value of participation in the moment and the engagement of the most vulnerable older people; in particular those living with Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
Each Storybox activity and workshop serves as a starting point to:
- Create shared experiences.
- Encourage an affirmed sense of self.
- Improve physical health.
- Improve self esteem and confidence.
Subscribers have access to training, resources and support to deliver OUTSTANDING activities which are creative, accessible and fun. We provide:
- Training to enable members of their team to become The Storybox Project AT HOME facilitators.
- Access to an exclusive project website where there are hundreds of themed workshop plans and activities for groups AND individuals
- 4 X new workshop plans per week and over 30 new activities, alongside all supporting materials
- The opportunity to search the workshop and activity archive to access hundreds of additional resources
- Ongoing phone or email advice, and quarterly mentoring for staff delivering the programme
- A monthly email newsletter full of news, tips and ideas related to The Storybox Project AT HOME
- Supporting paperwork and journals to ensure that the activities and workshops are recorded in a way that meets regulator requirements
“The themes are brilliant – it just brings everybody together. Being creative, making things, music, exercise, writing…it’s a great package.”
“It’s helped us develop our team and feel confident to try new ways of working.”
The project is supported by Arts Council England,
Image credit – Roshana Rubin-Mayhew