You will need:
- One apple each
- An apple corer (OPTIONAL)
- Two small sticks each (dowling is fine if you can’t get twigs)
- Sunflower Seeds
- Core your apples so that they are ready to use, and lay out your materials.
- Thread the string through the apple.
- Make an ‘X’ with the sticks and tie them to the string so the apple sits on top.
- Make a pattern by pushing the seeds into the apple, then it’s ready to hang up!
You could also:
- Once the feeder is hanging in your garden you could use it as a focus to come back to and discuss each day.
- Which birds do you see on it?
- What time is it busiest?
- Are there other treats that you could add to it instead of sunflowers?