Are you an organisation or voulnteer group working with people living with dementia? Would you like to develop your skills and capacity to run creative activities? Then this training session could be for you!
Our two hour training session takes place on Zoom and aims to equip participants with the skills, knowledge and confidence to do this! It is able to accommodate up to 15 people and covers the following areas:
- An introduction to the in the moment, imagination focused approach that we take within The Storybox Project.
- What is creative work, why is it important and what benefits can it have for people living with dementia?
- The essence of facilitation in this context, and discussion about the key skills and techniques that you may use.
- The opportunity to try and reflect upon a range of creative activities.
- The use of themes as a starting point.
- Getting started.
The cost of each session is £250 (or the equivalent in local currency) and includes 2 x facilitators and a supporting journal for all participants (pdf).
To find out more or to book a session for your group please get in contact.
Feedback from recent sessions:
“The session on Tuesday met my expectations, which were high because I know the quality of the work you deliver. I am pleased that we had a diverse group of participants for this session, in terms of their roles and their experience…;Six months ago some of the volunteers lacked confidence to lead activity sessions. Now, having participated in the taster group and this training, we can easily find people who actively want to devise and lead sessions.”
“I thought the session was very informative and gave some great ideas that can be used to support our clients. The positivity was great and the ideas given by the others will be beneficial.”
“Thank you – this was a well structured and very helpful training session.“
“It was interesting to do activities which are not reliant on past memories but can help recall in a natural way.“