The Storybox Project : At Home is a groundbreaking activities programme which uses imagination and creativity as a starting point. Building upon 12 years of practical experience, and work in hundreds of care settings, it supports Careworkers and Activity Co-ordinators to deliver top quality, person centred activities, based upon a foundation of empathy, togetherness, and fun. It focuses upon the value of participation in the moment and the engagement of the most vulnerable older people; in particular those living with Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
Each Storybox activity and workshop serves as a starting point to:
- Create shared experiences.
- Encourage an affirmed sense of self.
- Improve physical health.
- Improve self esteem and confidence.
By signing up to the programme from as little as £12 per week you will have access to:
- Initial face-to-face training to enable members of your team to become The Storybox Project – At Home facilitators.
- The At Home website where there are hundreds of themed workshop plans and activities for groups AND individuals. As well as a range of extension activities to extend themes beyond a one-off workshop and throughout a setting.
- Monthly access to 4 x new workshop plans for groups, 4 x new workshop plans for individuals, and over 30 new extension activities, alongside all supporting resources such as music, songsheets…etc…. and HOW TO videos for many of the activities.
- The opportunity to search the workshop and activity archive on the project website to find additional resources.
- The facility to save and favourite workshops and activities to return to at a later date.
- Phone or email advice and quarterly mentoring for staff who are delivering the programme.
- A monthly newsletter full of news, tips and ideas related to The Storybox Project – At Home.
- Supporting paperwork and journals to ensure that the activities and workshops are recorded in a way that meet regulator requirements.
Get in contact to find out more: